View Contact Info
First Wednesday of month. As scheduled. Check Town Calendar. All Taxpayers are welcome to attend.
6:00 or 7:00 pm
How to Reach Us
(413) 258-4794 Ext. 121
Tolland Town Hall
241 West Granville RoadTolland, MA 01034-9403
The Finance Committee is a representative group of taxpayers appointed by the Board of Selectmen who serve as the fiscal watchdog for the Tolland taxpayers. Responsibilities are to:
- Advise and make recommendations to the Town Meeting on the budget and other areas of finance.
- Prepare the Annual Budget
- Determine estimated receipts the Town will receive over the coming fiscal year to assist in determining available budget dollars.
- Receive input from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, Assessor, Town Treasurer and appropriate other local officials.
- Review each Department Head's annual budget request
- Meet with individual Department Heads to understand details about the funding requests and aid in setting priorities
- Recommend budget amounts to the Board of Selectmen based on priorities that must be established within limited town financial resources
- Conduct Town Meeting to review proposed Receipts and Budget Expenses with citizens and receive their input on priorities and to answer relevant questions.