Board of Selectmen
Town of Tolland
MINUTES OF SELECTMEN MEETING – July 14, 2014 5:00 PM
Selectmen Present: Eric R. Munson, Jr., Steven DellaGiustina and Thomas Paine
Also Present: Jessica Kelmelis
Bid opening for the sale of a 2001 Ford Expedition:
Town of Blandford - $3,990.00
East Hartland Volunteer Fire Department - $2,750.00
Motion was made by Steve to award the bid to the Town of Blandford, Tom seconded. The board voted unanimously to award the bid to the Town of Blandford.
Jessica reported to the board that most new email addresses have not been set up. Jessica requested a deadline of September 1. The board agreed with the deadline.
Ed was asked on the status of the Colebrook River Road project. Ed stated that he needs to submit the notification in the Central Register.
Received an email from Whitney Bonadies, accepting the Selectboards offer of the assessed value of 72 acre ($162,400). A Special Town Meeting will be scheduled for Monday, July 28th. The ballot question if approved at the Special Town Meeting will be placed on the state primary ballot on September 9th.
The Board of Selectmen approved of the following Tattler guidelines:
The Two Tattlers
Two versions of the Tolland Tattler will be available starting with the September issue. If timing is right with printing, this could begin in August.
1. A printed Tattler will be mailed to every Tolland household.
2. The electronic version will continue to be available at the Tolland website for all who prefer to read it on line:
• Available from the Home Page menu under Tolland Tattler
• Announced through the email distribution list to those who have signed up for electronic Tattler notification. Note: You may sign up for electronic distribution using the EMAIL SUBSCRIBER button on the lower right bottom of the website Home Page.
There is a new deadline and new formats for information to be submitted.
All information must be received by the 20th of the previous month of publication, and copy that is not received by the 20th will NOT be included unless the Board of Selectmen determine that the Tattler be delayed for its inclusion.
• Information must be typed and emailed to:
• Articles may contain pertinent photography in black & white only and will be used as space permits or at the discretion of the editor.
• “Letters to the Editor” will be published with approval of the Board of Selectmen.
• Articles will primarily include Tolland news and information, and if space is available relevant news and information from the neighboring towns of Granville, Sandisfield, Otis and Blandford.
• All personal information (graduations, marriages, births, congratulations, etc) will be included in a special “Personals” column and cannot contain more than a 30 character listing. These notices may include link addresses to websites or facebook pages. Personals that do not conform will not be published.
• Notices may not include medical information, commercial, sales, religious or fundraising information.
• All inappropriate material will be excluded.
(3 Year Term)
Animal Control Officer:~ Joanne Duval
Animal Inspector:~ Joanne Duval
Assistant Town Clerk:~ Margaret McClellan
Assistant Treasurer:~ Susan Voudren
Valerie Nickerson, Agent
Council on Aging
Jean Armitage, 1st year of 3 year term
Jennifer Clark 2nd year of 2 year term
Ruth Buchanan 2nd year of 2 year term
Mira Munson, 1st year of 3 year term
David Spidal, 1st year of 3 year term
E. Patrick Storey, 2nd year of 3 year term
Finance Advisory Committee:
Theodore Locke III, Chair (2018)
Ralph Ledger (2020)
Mira Munson (2014)
Margaret McClellan (2016)
Cathleen Parzych (2017)
Health Agent:~ Valerie Nickerson
Eric Munson, Jr.
Thomas E. Paine
E. Patrick Storey
Southwick Tolland School Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~ Theodore Locke III
School Committee Alternate:~ Vacancy
Tattler Editor:~ Jean Jinks
Workers' Compensation Agent:~ M.I.I.A.
(1 Year Term)
Building Inspector/Zoning Enforcement Officer:~ Eric Munson, Jr.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Alternate Building Inspector:~ Robert Sullivan
~~~~~~~~~~~ Alternate Building Inspector:~ Dominic Urbinati
Constables: Eric Munson, Jr.
Electrical Inspector: Jay (Joseph) Reynolds
Emergency Management Director:~ Theodore Locke, III
Fire Chief:~ Michael Sullivan
Forest Fire Warden Michael Sullivan
Hazardous Waste Coordinator Michael Sullivan
Assist. Hazardous Waste Coordinator:~ Eric R. Munson, III
Highland Valley Board of Directors:~ Jean Armitage
~Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
Joint Transportation Committee Commission:~ James Deming
Alternate Commissioner:~ Vacancy
Alternate Shawn Shaw
Plumbing Inspector:~ Brian Middleton
Police Chief:~ Edwin Deming
Police Officer:~ Senior Officer Lester Walker
Officer Charles Whiting
~~ Kyrsten Scapin
Reserve Officer: Eric R. Munson, III
Special Police Officers: Resario Messina
Superintendent of Public Works:~ Edwin Deming
Town Counsel:~ Jeremia A. Pollard
Transfer Station Administrator Joanne Duval
Tree Warden and Pest Control Agent:~ Edwin Deming
Unemployment Insurance Agent:~ Margaret McClellan
Website Director:~ Gloria Gery
Zoning Board of Appeals
E. Patrick Storey
Board of Appeals Associate
M. Steven Bartels
Meeting adjourned at 6:30PM
Eric R. Munson, Jr.
Board of Selectmen