TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 06/21/2010
Present: Thomas Paine
Meeting was called to order at 7:03 pm by Thomas Paine
- Minutes of Meeting held May 17, 2010 were approved as read.
- Robert Bitso, owner of the property on which a cell tower may be located, requested a copy of an email sent to Chairman James Deming, which was mentioned at the end of the May 17th meeting. In that the email was considered to be public knowledge, a copy of the email was given to Mr. Bitso.
- Brenda Searles, of 43 Clubhouse Road (Map 409, Lot 9.2),requested information as to procedures required for reopening the Country Store on West Granville Road, and for starting a farm to grow organic food for sale at the Country Store.
- She was told that a Special Permit would be required to reopen the store, plus a Business Certification for creating a farm on her property on Clubhouse Road.
- She had a further question about insurance to cover the Town’s Request to use the Parking Lot at the Store for parking during the Bi-Centennial Celebration. She was assured that the Town would obtain coverage for such temporary parking.
- Dennis Cormier from Camp Kinderland, 1543 Colebrook River Road (Map 401, Lot 3), requested information as to procedures required for removing gravel from their undeveloped parcel, across the road (Map 401, Lot 30), for use in the improvement of their septic system, at the camp.
- He was told that a Special Permit would be required for the removal of soil from the lot.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:58 pm.
Gertrude T. McKay