TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 05/17/2010
Present: James Deming
Meeting was called to order at 7:10 by Chairman James Deming.
- The Board discussed the status of the application for Installation of a Cell Tower on the property of Robert and Jacqueline Bitso, at 288 Harvey Mountain Road, Map 401, Lot 18.1.
- The Balloon Test scheduled for Saturday, May 15th was cancelled due to wind, but took place on the scheduled Rain Date of Sunday, May 16th.
- The Planning Board has hired an RF Specialist Engineer to determine whether the selected location meets the Tolland By-Law requirement that fifty percent (50%) or more of a cell tower’s coverage must be within the Town of Tolland. The applicant has agreed to pay up to a two thousand dollar fee ($2,000).
- A Public Hearing on this application will be scheduled for July at Verizon’s request.
- Jeffrey Parrette, whose property at 267 Harvey Mountain Road will be affected by this application, raised two questions
- He wants to know exactly how many trees will be cut in order to complete this project.
- He questions the applicants submission of Burden of Proof documentation, as required by Section VIII.F.5
- Robert Bitso, owner of the property on which the proposed cell tower will be located, questioned, why RF Specialist Engineers were not hired for prior cell tower sittings.
- Gerald and Pat Manion Jr., of 1111 Clubhouse Road, Map 403, Lot 38, requested Site Plan Approval for the construction of a 37’x28’ garage. As all setbacks were met, the Board approved the Site Plan unanimously.
- Joanne Henderson, of New Boston Road, Map 409, Lot 5-1.1, applied for Site Plan Approval to build a 22’x32’ 2 room log cabin. As all setbacks will be met, the application was approved unanimously.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.
Gertrude T. McKay