TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 04/26/2010
Present: James Deming
Continuation of the meeting of March 15, 2010, was called to order at 7:05 by Chairman James Deming.
- Minutes for the meetings of 1/25/2010, 2/22/2010 and 3/15/2010 were approved as written.
- The discussion of the proposed cell tower project by SBA, on property owned by the Town of Tolland, at 162 Colebrook River Road, (Map 410, Lot 14.2), was continued.
- A discussion of wetlands locations on the Town property and a lot West and South of the Town’s property, was held to ascertain that the presence of the cell tower would not leave the neighboring lot unbuildable.
- A vote on construction of the cell tower with the installation of associated equipment was approved unanimously.
- A vote to permit AT&T to install antenna and associate equipment was approved unanimously.
- A vote to permit Verizon Wireless to install antenna and associate equipment was also approved unanimously.
- Verizon’s application for a cell tower at 288 Harvey Mountain Road has been received
- The Town of Tolland is hiring a company to certify that our By-Law requirement that at least 50% of the coverage be within the Town of Tolland. The applicant will pay for the study.
- A Balloon Test will be held at the site on May 15th, between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm. A rain date is scheduled for May 16th, between the same hours.
- After recuing himself from the discussion and voting, Jeffrey LaCasse presented an application for a shed, from Greg and Diane Massey, of 43 Fiddlehead Lane, (Map 116, Lot 61)
- The shed will be a 12’x14’, pre-assembled shed to be placed on a pre-existing non-conforming lot.
- The position of the shed violated the bylaw by being only 24 feet from the sideline. The site plan was, therefore, altered so that the project would be in compliance with out required 25’ setback. As s the project was now in compliance, it was approved by all four members actively attending this site plan hearing.
As there were no more applicants, the meeting was adjourned at 8:18.
Gertrude T. McKay