TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 3/16/2009
Present: James Deming
Public Hearing was called to order by Chairman James Deming for the purpose of discussion and comment on a request by Western Massachusetts Electric Company, to install a twenty foot (20) antenna on the existing cell tower, owned by Crown Castle International, located on East Otis Road.
- The new antenna will increase the height of the total structure to 182 feet, and will extend seventeen (17) feet above the existing tower.
- The application includes a 10 x 12 foot concrete shelter with generator.
- The purpose of this antenna is to upgrade communications between service trucks in the area. It will also enable the automatic emergency shut down of electric current from switches located on poles through-out the Town.
- The proposed system will be a 220 meg system. Operating at 65 watts.
The Public Hearing was closed and the Regular Meeting was called to order by Chairman James Deming.
- Minutes of Meeting of February 23, 2009 were corrected. The correction will be reviewed at the next meeting of the Board.
- The Public Hearing for construction of a 148’ mono pole cellular tower to be located at map 412, Lot 3, on the South side of West Granville Road, near the Tolland/West Granville border, which was originally scheduled for this evening, has been rescheduled, for May 18th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Tolland Town Hall.
- Steve and Elaine Strinie of 59 Slope Road, Map 114 Lot 23, requested Site Plan approval for a 14 x 12 foot pre-fabricated shed to be place in front of their house.
- Mr.Strinie explained that the positioning of the shed was due to a steep drop in elevation from their house to the rear of the property and lack of space, outside of the setbacks, on both sides and in the rear of their existing house.
- All setbacks will be meet with the proposed location
- Site Plan approval was granted with four “Yes” votes. Gertrude McKay obstained from the discussion and the vote.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:14.
Gertrude T. McKay