TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 2/23/2009
Present: James Deming
Meeting was called to order at 7:15 p.m. by Chairman James Deming.
- Steve Della Giustina informed the Board that the Tolland Board of Selectmen are communicating with the Sandisfield Board of Selectman to collocate a repeater on the East Otis Cell Tower.
- Minutes of Meeting of December 21, 2008 were accepted as corrected.
- A Public Hearing has been scheduled for March 16th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Tolland Town Hall to hear and discuss the Western Massachusetts Electric Company’s application for an antenna to be added to the top of the existing cell tower on East Otis Road, Map 403 Lot 31.
- The new antenna will increase the height of the total structure to 182 feet. It will have a range of 220 miles at 65 watts.
- The application includes a 10 x 12 foot concrete shelter with generator.
- A Public Hearing has been scheduled for March 9th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Tolland Town Hall to hear and discuss Keith Goyette’s application for a Special Permit to operate a year round Recreation Park for ATV’s, Motorcycles, Quads and Snowmobiles at 691 Hartland Road, Map 412 Lot 26.
- The lack of a detailed site plan drawn and signed by a licensed engineer was discussed by Board Members. The applicant will be notified by Chairman Deming, of the necessity of having an adequate plan..
- A Public Hearing has been scheduled for March 16th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Tolland Town Hall to hear and discuss Bell Atlantic Mobile dba Verizon Wireless’s application for a Special Permit to build a cell tower on the South Side of West Granville Road, near the t Granville town line (Map 412, Lot 3).
- The applicant requested waivers from the following thirteen (13) sections of Tolland’s Zoning Bylaw
Section VIII.F.5.a.(ii) and VIII.F.5.b.(ii)
Section VIII.F.5.a. (iii)
Section VIII.F.5g (iii)
Section VIII.F.5.h (ii)
Sction VIII.F.5.i (iii)
Section VIII.F.5.i. (vi)
Section VIII.F5.j. (i)
- The Board voted to waive items one thru twelve, as listed above.
- The Applicant will perform a three to four hour Balloon Test at the site, beginning sometime after 10 a.m and ending at 3:00 p.m., Saturday, February 28th.
As there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:35 pm.
Gertrude T. McKay