TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 1/26/2009
Present: James Deming
Meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m. by Chairman James Deming.
- Dan Finnegan, CSQ, representing Western Massachusetts Electric Company, submitted an application for adding an antenna to the existing cell tower on East Otis Road, Map 403 Lot 31..
- The new antenna will to located above the top of the existing lattice tower, raising the height to 182 feet. It will have a range of 220 miles at 65 watts.
- The application includes a 10 x 12 foot concrete shelter with generator.
- A Public Hearing will be scheduled for March 16th, , at 7:00 p.m. at the Tolland Town Hall.
- Keith Goyette, of 9 Salem Road, Southwick MA 01077, telephone 413-569-5369, applied, with Edward Carroll, of 691 Hartland Road, Tolland, for a Special Permit for a year round Recreation Park for ATV’s, Motorcycles, Quads and Snowmobiles.
- The Recreation Park will be located on Edward Carroll’s property at 691 Hartland Road, Map 412 Lot 26, Book 9204 Page 451.
- A Public Hearing will be scheduled for March 9th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Tolland Town Hall.
- Ellen W. Freyman, Attorney for Bell Atlantic Mobile dba Verizon Wireless, requested a Special Permit to build a cell tower at West Granville Road, Map 412, Lot 3.
- The applicant requested waivers from the following thirteen (13) sections of Tolland’s Zoning Bylaw
Section VIII.F.5.a.(ii) and VIII.F.5.b.(ii)
Section VIII.F.5.a. (iii)
Section VIII.F.5g (iii)
Section VIII.F.5.h (ii)
Section VIII.F.5.i (iii)
Section VIII.F.5.i. (vi)
Section VIII.F5.j. (i)
- The Board voted to waive items one thru twelve, as listed above.
- A Public Hearing will be scheduled for March 16th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Tolland Town Hall.
As there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm.