TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 7/21/2008
Present: James Deming
Jeffrey La Casse
Public Hearing was called to order by Chairman James Deming at 7:04 for the purpose of discussion and comment on a request by AT&T to install 6 antenna on an existing cell tower owned by Verizon Wireless.
- The decibel level for the new units will be from 63 to 69 decibels depending on the units installed.
- The 6 antenna will be installed below the existing Verizon antenna and will be shorter than the existing antenna.
- AT&T also plans to build a 11’ x 20’ equipment shelter and a 4’ x 11’ equipment pad on which a generator will be located.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts also plans to add the following structures to the Verizon Facility for use by the State Police:
- A 12’ x 26’ equipment shelter
- Emergency generators
- Two transmit panel antennas each 3’ by 1’
- One 4’ microwave dish
- One 1000 gallon propane tank
- The Massachusetts State Police were represented by David Rydelek or 6519 Towpath Road, East Syracuse, NY 13057. He can be reached at telephone # 315-701-1300.
- The existing generator is tested at 10:30 every Monday morning.
- The Board requested that all generators for Verizon Wireless, AT&T, and the State Police be tested at the same time.
- AT&T left a structural analysis with the Planning Board.
- The Public Hearing was closed at 7:18 p.m.
- Minutes of meeting of June 16, 2008 were approved as written.
- Wilber Hebebrand of 230 Copper Hill Road, West Suffield, CT requested a correction to the Site Plan for an Approval Not Required (ANR) Subdivision, approved April 28, 2008. A new map was presented showing the parcel defined as Map 413, Lot 4. The subdivided parcel which has frontage on both West Granville Road and on School House Road, shows a change in total acreage from 6.17 acres to 6.106 acres. The Site Plan, showing the corrected acreage was approved unanimously.
- The newly edited Planning Guide was approved unanimously.
- Planning Board Mail was opened and two checks received from AT&T, covering the cost of mailings for the Public Hearing. One check of $!60 was for postage and one for $15 was for Assessor fees.
- Ellen Grabowitz appeared for Site Plan Approval to add a 32’ x 8’ deck to the back of a pre-existing, non-conforming house at 23 Chipmonk Crossing, Map 115, Lot 69. The front set back is presently non-conforming. The addition, will not create or increase a non-conformity. All other setbacks will be meet. The Board, therefore, approved the application unanimously.
- A discussion was held on AT&T’s request for a Special Permit and the Public Hearing that had just been held. No objections had been heard from the Public or from the Board. The Board voted unanimously to approve the Special Permit.
As there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:11 pm.
Gertrude T. McKay