013f TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 1/22/2007
Present: James Joyce
Meeting opened by Chairman James Joyce at 7:15
· Minutes of meetings of 12/18/2006 were approved as amended.
· No response has been received from Wildwood’s Board of Directors regarding their application for a Variance to place signs at the front and rear entrances of their community. The Planning Board decided to delay a vote on the project. A special meeting will be called for February 5th at 7:00 p.m. in order to vote on the subject. Gert McKay will write a letter to the W.P.O.A. Board, again asking for their opinion on the Variance.
· James Lawler sent a letter and copy of an assessor’s map with a lot drawn on the plan. The land, which borders on Club House Road, is owned by the Tunxis Club and will be leased to Jerry Manion. The letter asked whether other information would be required.
o Mr. Manion has started and almost completed construction of a house on this piece of land. Despite the lack of Site Plan Approval from the Planning Board, a Building Permit was recently issued..
o Mr. Joyce will send a letter and a check list to the President of the Tunxis Club to advise him of what is necessary before any subdivision of land, new construction or additions to existing structures are begun.
· Jessica Kelmelis, from the Assessor’s Office, sent a letter to the Board regarding a Subdivision ANR Plan, approved by the Planning Board, on September 30, 2005, for the Eastern Developers, Inc., of 310 River Avenue, Miller Place, NY, 10025. Two of the three new lots created by the subdivision, did not have the 275 foot frontage required by the ARII Zoning District, in which the lots exist. The Town Attorney will be asked to comment on this problem.
· Three versions of a checklist for Site Plans for Special Permits were reviewed. One list was selected. Chairman Joyce will amend some errors on this list, then use it as the official checklist.
· To aid in keeping the Planning Board’s Web Site orderly, our minutes will not be posted until after they have been corrected and approved.
The next meeting of the Planning Board is scheduled for February 5, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
Gertrude T. McKay