urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags013f TOWN OF placeCityTOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of dateYear2006Day18Month1212/18/2006
Present: James Joyce
Regular Meeting opened by Chairman James Joyce at 7:05
· Minutes of meetings of 11/20/2006 were approved as written.
· Town Attorney Jerome Scully was present to answer questions regarding the handling of non-conforming lots.
o A resident appeared before the Board of Selectmen to complain that he needed a certified survey to apply for an 8 foot extension to his house which is on a non-conforming lot. The Board of Selectmen approved a motion to give his builder, Steve Della Giustina, permission to submit a plot plan, without a certified survey, for an addition in Wildwood, which will not encroach on the setbacks.
o The Attorney specified that
§ Pre-existing non-conforming lots, whose structure is conforming, do no require a special permit, if the intended addition will not croach on the setbacks.
§ Special Permits are required for additions to non-conforming structures.
§ Permits that do not change the footprint, do not need to be reviewed by the Planning Board.
· Wildwood’s application for a Variance to place a sign at the front and rear entrances was discussed. Due to the objections raised by eight Wildwood residents, The Planning Board will contact the Wildwood Property Owner’s Association, Board of Directors, for their opinion on whether they are still in favor of placing the signs. A vote on the Variance will be taken at the next meeting of the Planning Board.
· The Applicant’s checklists have been rewritten and presented to Sue Voudren to distribute to applicants.
· The Planning Board’s checklist is still on our Schedule. James Deming is currently working on it.
New Business: no new applications received.
The next meeting of the Planning Board is scheduled for January 22, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 7:41 p.m.
Gertrude T. McKay