Tolland Public Library
Board of Trustees
Meeting Minutes - June 17, 2008
Call to Order: The meeting commenced at 3:02 p.m.
Present: Carolyn Locke, Gloria Gery, Penny Babbitt and Librarian Jessica Kelmelis.
Minutes: The minutes of the March 2008 Electronic Trustees meeting were approved as read.
Museum Passes for Town Residents
· State Parks pass is available. Norman Rockwell Museum passes have been requested.
· Berkshire Museum passes are being solicited; no response to requests to date.
Library Hours: Library Open hours will be extended by 30 minutes on Wednesdays effective 7/1/08. Wednesday hours will be 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. New hours will be in the Tattler and on the website.
· Gutters have been installed.
· Plantings will be considered for next year.
· The library bathroom floor will be tiled when Town Hall hallways are complete.
· No one from Town Hall has acted on requests to clean out the library basement.
Computers and Internet. Service and equipment utilized extensively. No problems. When Verizon DSL or wireless Broadband is available to the Library the State will remove the satellite and move the Library to the faster DSL service. DSL will eliminate the problems with Fair Access Policy download limitations of satellite service.
Bookmobile Service: The Regional Library Bookmobile service schedules are being evaluated due to increased costs. Jessica informed them that she would be willing to drive to a central location to pick up materials, a practice that is being implemented in other areas. The service is important to maintain.
· No volunteers needed for routine support this summer.
· There are numerous widely publicized library events scheduled for the summer.
· The Children’s Art Show has brightened the library
· Jessica will review Library website page contents and send updates to Tolland Web Director, Gloria Gery.
· Gloria Gery was unanimously reelected as a Library Trustee through 2011.
· Library activity continues to be high.
VHS tapes are being phased out and replaced with traditional DVD materials. There is currently no demand for Blue Ray high definition materials. We will monitor.
Next Meeting: The next Trustees meeting is scheduled for 3:3 0 p.m. on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at the Library.
Meeting Adjourned: The meeting was adjourned at 3:34 p.m.