Finance Committee Minutes
March 18, 2009
In attendance: Ralph Ledger, Ted Locke, Mira Munson, Kathy Parzych, Margaret McClellan, Eric R. Munson, Jr., Steve Della Giustina, and Tom Paine
The meeting was called to order at 6:30P.M. The minutes of the previous meeting were approved and one signed copy left with the Town Clerk.
It was announced that the Regional School Committee would be presenting the budget on April 7, 2009 in the Community Room at the Powder Mill School.
The Committee then reviewed the budgets we had left for further discussion.
- After a brief discussion it was decided to leave the Fire Dept. budget at the 15% cut level. We still had questions about the cell phone, auto repair and the pump.
- It was announced that the Regional School Budget now reflected a 5.33% increase for Tolland. The committee agreed to restore the budget to $336,691.00 which represents level funding.
- Public Works – it was decided to reinstate #6 in the Road Supervisors detailed budget and leave the balance of the budget the same. The total would be $89,650 instead of $79, 650.00.
- Capital request for a truck: the committee decided not to replace the truck this year and recommended that we do repairs ourselves where possible.
- Ambulance: Ralph said that he would send a letter to Sandisfield the next day asking if Tolland’s contribution to the cost of the ambulance was being put aside for the next ambulance rather than going into Sandisfield’s general fund.
The next meeting ( the Budget Hearing) was scheduled for April 6, 2009 immediately following the Caucus at 7:00 P.M.
Mira K. Munson, Secretary