March 11, 2008
The meeting was called to order at 6:15 P.M.
A discussion of the Fire Dept Budget took place first on the agenda.
- It was suggested that the Fire Dept. take money from the current budget to cover engine #2 repairs.
- It was suggested that the police and fire dept defibrillators be compatible
- We need letter of cuts – not just the bottom line.
- The grant writer was removed from the budget. It was noted that all grants must be approved by the selectmen prior to submission. Many grants require matching funds from the Town and this should never come as a surprise. Also cut request for matching funds money – this would be decided by selectmen when they approved a grant for submission and would probably come from free cash.
- Cut $400.00 from fire helmets.
- Asked if Highway Dept could service Fire Dept. Vehicles. Everyone agreed we could do that – will budget in Fire Dept. and journal entry salaries.
Dump Budget – not in - we just need an article for the April 7 Budget Hearing. The Dump Budget is not in the Town Budget.
We will have a May 5, 2008 Special Town Meeting and a June 7, 2008 Election.
School Budget – The School budget has decreased by 2% and will go down by $6,884..56 to $337,343.44.
Capital Debt Service with the new truck included would be $79,629.29.
The meeting was adjourned – time not noted.
Mira K. Munson, Secretary