Finance Committee /Selectmen’s Meeting
January 29, 2007
The meeting was called to order at 6:15 p.m.
Present: Margaret McClellan, Eric R. Munson, Jr., James Demming, Steve Della Guistina, Mira Munson, Ralph Ledger
Absent: Dave Barney, Ted Locke
The Finance Committee voted to take $480 from Reserves for the Public Works budget.
Questions about the preliminary audit and management letter were deferred for a meeting with the auditors. Margaret was to set up the meeting for February 12 if possible.
Eric noted that our agenda for the evening was to Review the Year to Date Budget, Set Dates for meetings, and begin to review the Capital Budgets that had been passed in.
Year to Date Budget:
Year end actuals for FY 05-06 were passed out as well as a Year to Date for FY 06-07.
Margaret reported that services charges would now be in the Treasurer’s Budget. As we reviewed the Year to Date, Margaret agreed to check the Capital Bond Interest as to why it was 137% of Budget.
Detailed Capital Proposals were turned in by Public Works, the Fire Department, and Emergency Services . Proposals for a copier and carpet for the Town Hall were also presented.
The Committee/Selectmen agreed that they needed to be reviewed carefully by members at home in preparation for our next meeting.
The group agreed on the following dates for meetings:
· February 12 – Finance Committee invited to Selectmen’s meeting to hear report of auditor.
· February 26 – Selectmen/Finance Committee and Wayne Carr meet to discuss DPW budget and capital requests for 07-08.
· March 19 – Selectmen/Finance Committee meet with Police Chief and Fire Chief to discuss their respective budgets and capital requests.
· March 26 – Selectmen/Finance Committee meet with any additional department heads who feel they would like to meet with the group and continue to develop the 07-08 budget.
· April 30 – Budget Hearing
· May – Annual Town Meeting at the end of the month.
Margaret also informed the group that the Superintendent of Schools would be in town March 7 to meet with interested people.
Margaret was reminded to begin to get health insurance and other insurance numbers together for the budget.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Mira K. Munson