Minutes, Conservation Commission
June 27, 2013
Pursuant to Chapter 131, Section 40 MGL, the Tolland Conservation Commission held public hearings on June 27, 2013, at Tolland Town Hall, 241 West Granville Rd, Tolland.
Conservation Commission Members Present: Alan Binder, Valerie Bird, and David Spidal
Others: Richard Dupuis, Gregory Nowill, Frank and Myrna Crowley, Jeff LaCasse, Jean Armitage, Jim Warren
Open Hearings began at 5:30 pm
- RDA-Submitted by the Town of Tolland DPW. Applicant seeks to modify Dry Hydrant on route 57 by adding a pipe to bypass a beaver dam for maintenance purposes. Unanimous vote for a negative determination. RDA 2013-004
- RDA- Submitted Andrew Whyte of 81Chipmunk. Applicant seeks to remove three Hemlocks in the buffer zone of Cranbury Pond. Unanimous vote for a negative determination. Gregory Nowill Tree Service will do the work. Must install silt fence 6 feet on either side of area of trees. RDA 2013-003
- RDA- Submitted by Mike and Laurie Yosha of 405 Beetle Road. Applicants seek to remove 4 hemlocks within buffer zone of Cranbury Pond. Improvements to be made to walkway. (Only part of walkway is in buffer zone.) Silt fence will be installed as a precaution. Unanimous vote for a negative determination. RDA 2013-005
- RDA- Submitted by Jim Warren of 132 Brook Lane. Applicant seeks to remove 3 damaged and diseased Beech trees and one diseased Maple tree within the buffer zone of Cranbury Pond. Unanimous vote for a negative determination. RDA 2013-007
- RDA- Submitted by Kevin McCall, potential purchaser (and Frank and Myhrna Crowley, current owners) of 33 Lands End Drive. Applicant seeks to put in a septic system in the Buffer zone of Otis Reservoir. Unanimous vote for a negative determination based on design submitted by Roland Dupuis. RDA 2013-006
Close Hearing Section of Meeting 6:35 pm.
BOH- Variance on 33 Land’s End Drive. Applicant (Kevin McCall) seeks variance for SAS distance to 100 feet from 73 feet. This managed through RDA request #5 above..
Emergency certification was issued to Jim Warren of 132 Brook Lane. A tall tree was damaged by lightning and was endangering the house.
New Business No office hours or meeting in July.
Next meeting to be August 29. Office hours will be August 13 at 12:00 noon.
Meeting adjourned at
David Spidal, Alan Binder,