Steps and Forms Necessary to Obtain a Building Permit for
Complete all required applications.
NOTE: Due to size, type or location of construction, or project, some applications may not be required, Planning Board approval may be needed. Discuss with Building Inspector.
The following are forms needed for a Building Permit (new building)
1. Building Application
2. One Site Plan
3. Two COMPLETE sets of plans and specifications.
4. Energy Conservation Application
5. Homeowners Exemption Form, where needed
5. Wood Stove Installation Application. (No fee on new building permits)
6. Certificate of water availability (from Health Agent)
7. Percolation/Soil Test Application
8. Sewage Disposal System Plan by a Registered Engineer
9. Driveway and Drainage Application
10. Conservation Commission Site Inspection with Approval
11. Fuel Oil and Storage Tank Application
12. Planning Board Requirements: Site Plans, THREE COPIES, providing
l Name, Address, Lot #
l True or Magnetic North
l New Buildings must show all overhangs and extensions, including decks, steps, etc.
l All existing buildings and structures
l Parking areas
l Loading areas
l All facilities for Sewage Disposal Systems
l Water Supply (well)
l Landscape features such as walks, fences, etc.
- From boundary lines to structure (front, back and sides)
- From leaching field and septic tank to structure
- From well to leaching field and septic tank
- From ALL adjacent wells, septic and leaching fields to your well and septic and leaching field
13. Checks for Building Permits made out to "TOWN OF TOLLAND"
Submit the package in person to the Tolland Building Inspector.