Pursuant to Chapter 131, Section 40 MGL, the Tolland Conservation Commission will hold public hearings September 28, 2017, beginning at 6:30 PM at Tolland Town Hall, 241 West Granville Rd, Tolland, MA for the following purposes:
- RDA- Submitted by Anthony Krupa of 62 Pinewood Drive. Applicant seeks to do landscaping in the buffer zone of Otis reservoir.
- RDA- Submitted by Donald Roberts of 40 Meadow Drive. Applicant seeks to remove one tree, thin saplings and some vista pruning in the buffer zone of Cranberry Pond.
- RDA- Submitted by Friends of DNE LLC. Of 1266 East Otis Road. This completes the paperwork for work begun by Camp Timber Trails. The work included removal of trees and saplings near the dam.
- RDA- Submitted by WPOA. Applicant seeks eradicate two patches of Phragmites by the use of benthic barriers during the drawdown period of Cranberry Pond.
- RDA- Submitted by David Cordes of 57 Lakeview Lane. Applicant seeks to remove 3 pine trees in the buffer zone of Otis Reservoir.
- RDA- Submitted by Richard and Kerala Snyder of 47 Lakeview Lane. Applicants seek to remove 3 trees, cut brush and thin shrubs around utility lines and buildings within the buffer zone of Otis reservoir.
- AMENDED ORDER OF CONDITIONS- Submitted by WPOA. Applicant seeks to amend NOI # DEP 306-0031 by requesting to use tracked backhoe to remove clumps of bogs and floating islands from Cranberry Pond. The backhoe will use the area exposed after drawdown to complete these tasks.
- RDA- Submitted by Anne Stone of 263 Lakeside Drive. Applicant would like to have a stone wall built in the buffer zone of Cranberry Pond after drawdown to prevent erosion. All work will be done by hand.