Tolland now has its own website to provide resources and information to citizens and visitors. Go online and check it out. You can do the following....
• View Tattler News & Notices about breaking news, Town Meetings, events, and time-sensitive issues like deadlines for voter registration, Candidates for Public Office in the Town elections, Open Burn Permit availability, etc. You can sign up to get free email notification so you'll know when something new has been posted
• Sign up for free email subscriptions to the Tattler News & Notices, various Board Department meeting minutes, etc. Click on the email subscriber button
• Get information for each Town Department, Board and Committee including contact information, hours, responsibilities and related forms, internet links and important information. Click on any name in blue text to directly create an email! We're developing information about important processes like getting Planning Board approval, registering to vote, etc. You'll find frequently asked questions and useful information on each page.
• Get data. Demographic data about our town in About Tolland. Property Listing information on the Town Clerk page. Budget information on the Finance Advisory Committee page and Tax rate information on the Tax Collector page. Soon we'll have the Grand List online (waiting for new State software) and you'll have the ability to look up individual property sheets. That software is on the way.
• View maps including zoning maps, wetlands maps, etc. The Massachusetts Geographic Information System links are great for exploring. Some maps are being reduced and scanned, so more will be coming.
• Link to the local weather and Mapquest for maps and directions.
• View an integrated Town Calendar that shows all scheduled town and committee meetings and events. View a consolidated list of office hours.
• Go directly to useful links for Berkshire cultural events, sites of interest, hospitals, local services, etc. Just put your mouse over the useful links menu and follow the sub-menus to your point of interest.
• Download forms in Word or pdf format using the free Acrobat reader software available from the bottom left of each page. Forms are in various places including
• Departments (like the Assessor, Town Clerk and Building Department).
• Citizen tasks where forms directly related to your goal like getting
an absentee ballot are easily accessible from the task menu
• Provide feedback and ideas on what you'd like to see on the site - and send automated feedback about errors, typos, bad links. There will always be room for improvement.