Town of Tolland
Minutes of Planning Board
Meeting of 3/21/2011
Present: Jim Deming Jeff LaCasse Mike Kaminski
Jason Smith Tom Paine Kathleen Cowles
Meeting called to order at 7:30 pm by Chairman Deming
- Chairman Deming updated Board on status of Dude Ranch transfer from Penn & Finkelstein to State of Mass. State requires that the swimming pool be removed and toxic paint to be abated in and around pool. Planning Board will be approached to approve a half acre“postage stamp” lot incorporating the pool until such time as the pool is removed and bond is released.
- Additional paperwork was required to finalize the Verizon cell phone tower on Harvey Mountain and was completed.by Chairman Deming.
- Minutes of February 28, 2011 were approved as presented.
- Application for construction of a 22’x38’ garage by Richard Gemme on Lands End Drive was presented and unanaimously declined by the Board as a Non-Conforming lot size. (One side yard setback is 3’) Application will now go to Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Mail included: Notice received from Blandford PB that a meeting was scheduled to consider by-laws governing wind towers. Also, updated FEMA Flood Maps will be sent to Tolland.
- Budget request for upcoming year will be same as last year: $500.
- Next meeting was scheduled for 7pm. April 25, 2011
- Meeting adjourned at 8:19 pm
Kathleen A. Cowles