TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 09/20/2010
Present: James Deming
Meeting was called to order at 7:03 by Chairman James Deming.
- The Verizon Wireless application for a special permit for the installation of a 140 foot Personal Wireless Services Facility to be located at 288 Harvey Mountain Road, Tolland, MA (Map 401, Lot 18.1) was discussed.
- A Public Hearing had been held July 19, 2010, at the Tolland Town Hall.
- Jeffery Parrette, who lives at 267 Harvey Mountain Road, presented a list of mitigating conditions governing the construction process, which he felt should be meet, should the special permit be granted. In particular, he needs to know in advance, when construction will begin.
- Ellen Freyman, from Verizon Wireless, indicated that the conditions requested would be included in Verizon’s agreement with the Town.
- Tina Deblois, of 250 Harvey Mountain Road, had additional concerns about the use of hazardous materials, maximum noise levels, and the affect of the cell tower on surrounding property values.
- A vote on the Special Permit was called and it was approved unanimously.
- James and David Guest of 146 Slope Road, Map 114, Lot 51, requested site plan approval for the addition of a 12’x20’ deck on the rear of their seasonal cottage. As all setbacks will be met, the site plan was approved unanimously.
- Bill Seawright, from the Tunxis Club, requested approval for the subdivision of plus or minus 141 acres of landlocked property belonging to the Girl Scouts of Connecticut, (Map 405, Lot 2). This land is contiguous with property owned by the Tunxis Club, specifically that identified as Map 408, Lot 35.1. The Tunxis Club plans to purchase this parcel and combine it with its Open Space property.
- Thomas Paine, who manages the Girl Scout Property under consideration, reclused himself from the discussion and voting.
- This parcel will be identified as Map 408, Lot 38.
- A portion of this property is in the Noyes Pond watershed, which is central to interests of the Tunxis Club.
- The new deed will restrict construction and the use of motorized vehicles on this property.
- The deed will also specify that the property may be used by the Girl Scouts of Connecticut for recreational purposes.
- The application was approved unanimously, by the four members, taking part in the discussion.
- William and Carol Clark requested Site Plan approval for the construction of a modular home at 565 Hartland Road, Map 412, Lot 2.5. As all setbacks will be met, the application was approved unanimously by the five members present.
As there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:35 pm.
Gertrude T. McKay