TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 08/16/2010
Present: James Deming
Meeting was called to order at 7:05 by Chairman James Deming.
- Although a Public Hearing was held on July 19, 2010, on Bell Atlantic Mobile of Massachusetts corporation, Ltd. d/b/a Verizon Wireless Special Permit application for the installation of a Personal Wireless Services Facility to be located at 288 Harvey Mountain Road, Tolland, MA (Map 401, Lot 18.1), Verizon has requested that we postpone our decision, until all Planning Board members can attend.
- A vote will, therefore, will be taken at the September 20th meeting.
- James Deming discussed the content of a letter sent by Jeffery Parrette, an abutter of the proposed cell tower. The letter questioned
- Whether the proposed cell tower meets the requirement that more than 50% or its coverage must be within the Town of Tolland
- The lack of a review of alternative sites
- The accuracy of the coverage maps
- Robert Bitso, owner of the property, on which Verizon Wireless plans to build this cell tower, spoke in favor of the Special Permit.
- Minutes for the meeting of July 19, 2010 were approved as written.
As there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:38 pm.
Gertrude T. McKay