TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 7/20/2009
Present: James Deming
Meeting was called to order by Chairman James Deming at 7:02
- Barbara L. Campbell, of 827 Burt Hill Road, requested Site Plan approval for an ANR Subdivision of two lots from her 84 acre parcel (Map 410, Lot 20).
- The Subdivision Plans have been redrawn, since she appeared at the June 22nd, 2009 meeting. They now show the remaining frontage and a statement that the remaining acreage ( approximately 64 acres), conforms to current zoning.
- Site Plan approval was granted by unanimous vote of the four members present.
- A check for ninety dollars ($90) was paid by the applicant.
- Gloria Gery, Chair of the committee that drafted Tolland’s Cell Tower regulations (the PWSF section of our Bylaw) and Chair of the committee that drafted the revision of Tolland’s Zoning Bylaw, appeared with Jeffery Parrette, a member of both of these committees and a resident of Harvey Mountain Road, to discuss their concerns about the Zoning Board’s involvement in granting a Variance effecting a Special Permit for the placement of a cell tower.
- Since the ZBA can not hear cases which would override the Planning Board’s action on a Special Permit, they consider the ZBA’s involvement in this case to be questionable.
- Driftwood Community Associates, Inc., of Lakeview Lane, off Moreau Road, Map 102, Lot 40, applied for Site Plan approval to replace an existing dock with a larger one. The new dock will have nine (9) slips, whereas the original had only four (4). The application was approved unanimously.
- Robert Gery, representing Tolland’s Public Municipal and Safety Complex Committee (PMSCC), requested a Special Permit to rehabilitate the existing 56’4” x 79’ Department of Public Works building at 162 Colebrook River Road, Map 410, Lot 14, and to add a two story, 20’ x 75’ addition to the building .
- Driveway and Drainage Permits will be submitted to the appropriate authorities at a later date.
- A Public Hearing was scheduled for August 17th at 7:00 pm at the Tolland Town Hall.
- Robert Gery, representing Tolland’s Public Municipal and Safety Complex Committee (PMSCC), requested a Special Permit to construct a 70’ x 140’ Public Safety Complex, on West Granville Road, Map 111, Lots 21 and 22.
- A Public Hearing will be held Monday, August 17th, following the Public Hearing for the rehabilitation of the Public Works Building.
- Ellen Grabowitz requested Site Plan approval for the addition of a 34’ x 12’ deck across the back of an existing house at 23 Chipmunk Crossing, Map 115, Lot 69. As all setbacks will be met, the application was approved unanimously.
As there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:55 pm.
Gertrude T. McKay