013f TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting of 10/16/2006
Posting subject to approval by the Planning Board November 20th
Present: James Joyce
Meeting opened by Chairman James Joyce at 7:04.
· Minutes of meetings of 9/18/2006 were amended and approved as amended.
· Applicant – Mark De Celli and Sherry Lavoini, P.O. Box 1329 East Otis, MA 01029
Location – 84 Moreau Road, Map 102, Lot 12 & 19 (Contiguous lots treated as one).
– Applicant wants to establish an apartment in his existing barn
– The property is a pre-existing non conforming lot of less than one acre. Tolland’s Zoning Bylaw requires a minimum of two acres for the granting of a Special Permit for an accessory apartment.
– The property has less than the required frontage. The Tolland Zoning Bylaw requires that the frontage requirement for the applicable district be met for the granting of a Special Permit for an accessory apartment.
– The intended size of the apartment exceeds the maximum of 1000 square feet, as specified in the Tolland Bylaw.
Action Taken – Application was denied by the following vote: one vote in favor, four votes opposed.
· Applicant – Wildwood Property Owners Association, 264 Beetle Road
Location – Front entrance of W.P.O.A., Map 116, Lot 64
Rear entrance of W.P.O.A., Map 111, Lot 21.1
– Two applications have been submitted, one for a sign at the front entrance (Map 116, Lot 64), and one for the rear entrance (Map 111, Lot 21.1).
– A separate fee of $175 was received for each application.
Action Taken – A Public Hearing has been tentatively scheduled for November 20th at 7:00 p.m.
· Applicant – Donald T. Wallace
Location – 188 South Trail, Map 110, Lot 9, and half of Lot 10.
- In building a basement under his existing house, the applicant had to remove sections of his house, in order to access the basement area.
- In the rebuilding process, the applicant enlarged several sections. The contractor told the applicant that he would obtain site plan approval, but did not do so.
- All setbacks have been met.
Action Taken: Site Plan Approved by unanimous vote.
· Applicant – Eric and Sally Munson
Location - 1071 Burt Hill Road, Map 410, Lot 22.1.
– Applicant wishes to build a barn on a conforming lot.
–The proposed barn would be only 12 feet from the side line.
Action Taken: Application denied unanimously.
· The Planning Board went into Executive Session to discuss an abatement problem.
· A letter will be sent by the Chairman to the Fire Department requesting that a Thank You letter be sent to Mrs. Hiller who donated the rebate from her Special Permit Application to the Fire Department.
· The Secretary of the Planning Board has been asked to submit a monthly statistical summary of activities for posting to the Town’s Web Site.
· Planning Board members are asked to redo the check lists for Special Permits and Site Plan Approvals.
The next meeting of the Planning Board is scheduled for November 20th, at 7:00 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 9:40 p.m.
Gertrude T. McKay