TOWN OF TOLLAND
MINUTES OF PLANNING BOARD
Meeting Date: August 21, 2006
Present: James Joyce
Meeting opened by Chairman James Joyce at 7:03 p.m.
1. Applicant: C & S Drabek
Columbia, CT 06237
Location: 196 Clubhouse Road
Map 409, Lot 9.11
Description: Site Plan to build a barn. They have already received site plan approval to build a house
Action Taken: All setbacks are met. The application was approved unanimously.
2. Applicant: Arlene and David Hiller
Location: 38 Ona Road
Map 101, Lots 68 and 69
Description: Application for a special permit to extend a deck on a pre-existing, non- conforming lot. The extension of the existing deck would increase the sideline setback non-conformity from seven (7) feet to twelve (12) feet.
Action Taken: A Public Hearing will be scheduled for 9/5/06 at 7:00.p.m.
3. Applicant: Wildwood Property Owner’s Association
264 Beetle Road
Location: Front entrance to W.P.O.A., Map 116, Lot 64
Rear entrance to W.P.O.A., Map 111, Lot 21.
Description: Application for a Special Permit to place signs at the front and rear entrances to the Wildwood Community. The signs will contain a map of all roads in the community with an index between names and location on the map to aid emergency crews in the location of specific properies. Questions arose as to whether each sign should constitute a separate Permit. Due to the large number of abutters the required application fee of $175 will not cover the cost of mailing the required certified letters.
Description: Application for a special permit to place signs at the front and rear entrances to the Wildwood Community. The signs will contain a map of all roads in the community with an index between names and location on the map to aid emergency crews in the location of specific properties. Questions arose as to whether each sign should constitute a separate permit. Due to the large number of abutters, the required fee of $175 will not cover the cost of mailing the required certified letters.
Action Taken: The application was not acted upon. It was returned to applicant for additional funding.
1. Applicant: Ken Johnson
Location: 591 Colebrook River Road
Map 410, Lot 9.1
Description: Applicant wishes to add a front entrance deck and a side deck totaling 203 square feet.
Action Taken: Site Plan was approved by unanimous vote. The applicant paid a Building Permit fee of $81.20.
2. Applicant: Brian and Cathy McGory
Location: 23 Lakeside Drive
Map 117, placeLot 35
Description: Site Plan Review for addition of a three season porch to a conforming structure on a non-conforming lot. Since the porch will encroach four feet into the sideline setback, a variance is needed in order to proceed.
3. A review of the procedures to apply for Special Permit was made as follows. Applicant must:
· Download or obtain a permit application,
· Acquire an abutters list from the Board of Assessors,
· Completed package goes to the Planning Board,
· At their next meeting, application is reviewed by the Planning board,
· When application is deemed complete, a Public Hearing is scheduled,
· The Planning Board chairman mails certified letters to all abutters and posts a notice of the Public Hearing in local newspapers.
4. Applicant: Dexter & Kathryn King
Location: 90 Burt Hill Road
Map 402, Lot 11.1
Description: Site Plan for addition of a 100’ by 60’ indoor riding arena to be attached to an existing barn.
Action Taken: As all setbacks will be met, Site Plan was approved unanimously.
5. Sue Moore requested that minutes of the Planning Board meetings be emailed to the Assessors.
6. Applicant: Robert Maselek
1500 Worcester Rd
Location: Owl’s Nest Road
Map 120, Lot 50
Description: Site Plan Approval for new house on a pre-existing non-conforming lot. The plan presented was not signed by a licensed engineer, as required by Tolland’s new bylaw, for all non-conforming lots.
Action Taken: No action was taken due to inadequate site plan.
7. Motion was made, seconded and approved that James Deming be Vice-Chairman of the Planning Board.
8. Motion was made, seconded and approved that Jason Smith be Treasurer of the Planning Board
9. The Chairman suggested that notices of Planning Board meetings be put in the Tattler and on the Planning Board website.
Next regularly scheduled meeting will be September 18th at 7:00 p.m. A special meeting to hold a public hearing is scheduled for September 5th at 7:00 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 9:45 p.m.
Gertrude T. McKay