Tolland Public Library
22 Clubhouse Road
Tolland MA 01034
Policy on Use of the Library for Displays and Exhibitions
Adopted September 21, 2009
Displays and Exhibitions:
The Tolland Public Library may host exhibitions or displays by local residents at the sole discretion of the Library Director. All decisions by the Library Director are final. Exhibitions and display are subject to the following conditions and limitations and any other reasonable requirements established by the Library Director.
Exhibitions and Displays shall…
- Be suitable and appropriate to all age groups using the Library. Material shall not contain religious objects or material, political material (except of an historical nature, or objects potentially offensive to the community. Displays and exhibits may include artwork, photography, sculpture, specialty collections of objects, images, handmade artisanal products (e.g. jewelry, pottery, woodcarvings, glass, textiles)
- Not require mounting or affixing of objects to walls, floor or furniture.
- Be of a size appropriate to existing available space and shall not interfere with regular operations of the Library.
- Not compromise staff, patron or building safety and security.
- Be limited to a time period agreed upon in writing between the Library Director and the exhibitor, but no longer than 31 days.
- Be set up and removed by the exhibitor at a time agreed upon in writing by the Library Director. Set up must include appropriate display devices (e.g. boxes, cabinets, easels, etc.) and security.
- Be displayed with the full responsibility of the exhibitor for damage to or loss of objects or materials. The exhibitor must hold the Library harmless in writing for damage or loss.
- Contain contact information of the exhibitor for purposes of requesting further information or purchase of items. If for sale, items shall not contain prices. The Library shall not handle any sale or purchase of goods or materials.