Tolland Public Library
22 Clubhouse Road
Tolland Ma 01034-9403
413 258 4201
Policy on Solicitations and Sale of Merchandise
Adopted September 21, 2009
The Library Director may grant permission for solicitation of goods, materials and cash contributions for schools or charitable organizations in Tolland-Granville. Permission is the sole decision of the Library Director. No solicitations shall be approved for religious or political organizations.
Examples of potential solicitations include:
- School-sanctioned fundraisers (e.g. subscriptions, candy, paper goods, objects, books, etc.)
- Girl or Boy Scout, 4-H, school clubs.
- Granville-Tolland Scholarship Fund, Ladies Aid, Tolland Volunteer Fire Department, Tolland Public Library or other similar groups.
- Food or book drives.
- Recycled materials such as cell phones, printer cartridges, etc. to be used as fundraising sources by approved organizations.
While every reasonable effort will be made to provide security for goods and monies, the Tolland Public Library and the Library Director shall not be responsible for monies or goods collected during solicitations.
Sale of Goods and Materials
Sale of goods and materials at the Library be at the sole discretion of the Library Director and shall be limited to
- Books by Tolland or Granville authors
- Goods and materials sanctioned by town-approved organizations, boards or committees (e.g. Tolland Historical Commission, Tolland Cultural Council, Tolland Public Library, Board of Selectmen, Tolland Volunteer Fire Department, Ladies Aid, Bicentennial Committee etc.). Examples include note cards, American Flags for mounting on poles in Tolland, tickets for fundraising events, t-shirts.
While every reasonable effort will be made to protect books, goods or materials, the Tolland Public Library or Library Director shall not be responsible for any objects offered for sale at the Library or for monies collected from sales.