Procedure for free Kindle Book Loan through CWMARS Library System
You will need a card number which is not available through the Tolland PPublic Library. You must become a patron of a full CWMARS network Library. Otis, Agawam, Springfield among others. There is a list of member libraries on the CWMARS website…www.cwmars.org.
1. Go to www.cwmars.org. Click the arrow next to library catalogs and select digital catalog.
2. Log into your account by selecting “Sign In” at the top of the page and using the card number you obtained from your new library. You will need to fill out your account information and preferences the first time you Log In.
3. Next to the search bar, select "Advanced Search".
4. You may either enter the information for a specific title or simply select “Kindle Book” under format. You might also want to check the box “Only show titles with copies available” at the bottom of the page. Click "Search"
5. Once you have found a book you like, click “Add to cart”. Be sure it is the Kindle edition.
6. Once you have made all of your selection (you are limited to 7 loans at a time) click on “Proceed to Checkout”.
7. Confirm your loan information and select “Confirm Checkout”.
8. On Download page select “Get for Kindle”. This will open a page on Amazon.
9. On Amazon Digital Library Loan page select “Get Library Book”. Amazon will ask you to log into your Amazon account if you haven’t already. Select the method you wish to have your e-book delivered and select “Continue”. And you are done. You will lose access to the loan on the expiration date.
Please don’t forget to support the Tolland Public Library with your attendance and use of materials. If we can not maintain out certification through the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, you ability to hold a patron card to another library is jeopardized. Have fun e-reading!