About Us: The Emergency Management Director is responsible for the following emergency activities:
· Coordinates and carries out all Emergency Management activities in both emergency and non-emergency time periods ensuring smooth running of the plan and the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
· Coordinates public emergency education/awareness.
· Develops and maintains the local Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan.
· Oversees the planning and development of basic warning/notification functions.
· Trains public officials and EOC personnel regarding EOC operations.
· Designates facilities to be used as EOC and alternate EOC.
· Consults with coordinators of all individual emergency functions to ensure readiness for management of potential emergency/disasters.
· Activates EOC and initiates response procedures and activities.
· Coordinates all Emergency Operations Center (EOC) activities, and emergency response activities of other agencies, and interfaces with the Incident Command System.
· Continues and phases out response operations as needed.
· Initiates recovery activities including damage assessment, compilation of damage assessment data and applying for federal and state disaster relief funds.
· De-actives Emergency Operations Center