Minutes of the Conservation Commission’s October 28, 2010 Hearings and Meeting
Pursuant to Chapter 131, Section 40 MGL, the Tolland Conservation Commission held a public hearings and a meeting on October 28, 2010, at Tolland Town Hall, 241 West Granville Rd, Tolland for the following purposes:
The Board opened their meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Members Present: Bryan Perry, Pamela Schettini, Sue Voudren & Valerie Bird
Others Present: David Modzelewski, (Mr Modzelewski’s contractor and Frank Fazi
The minutes of the September 16th and 20th 2010 were read, corrected and approved as corrected. The meeting was then continued until after the Public Hearings.
Public Hearings opened at 6:15 p.m.
- RDA - WPOA. Applicant seeks to install a culvert under Otter Pond access road:
There were questions and more information needed that have to be answered by the DEP. Hearing continued until Thursday November 3rd 2010 at 4:30 p.m. at the Tolland Town Hall.
- Continuation of NOI submitted by David Modzelewski, 107 Lands End Drive. Applicant seeks to take down and rebuild the retaining wall on Otis Reservoir. Continued from September 30, 2010 meeting:
The NHESP comments were received as requested at the hearing on September 20th. The project description needs to be received; material & equipment, erosion controls and planting guide, planned access to the water front to be worked on needed. Plan to be emailed for review, decision contingent on receipt of this plan for next scheduled meeting.
- RDA - Town of Tolland. Applicant seeks installation of waterline for forthcoming Safety Complex:
- The waterline installation is to be at the Highway Garage for access to the well plan provided for review.
- Plans were reviewed for placement of Septic System at the forthcoming Safety Complex.
These were voted and approved unanimously which gives the RDA a Negative Decision.
- NOI – Tolland Volunteer Fire Department seeks to install a Dry Hydrant into Otter Pond.
The Hearing for Item #1 continued until November 3rd, Item #2 continued until November 4th at 7:30 p.m. Item # 3 closed and Item # 4 continued until November 18th at 6:30 p.m.
Close Hearing Section of Meeting
1) Discussion of Special Conditions comments.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
Susan H. Voudren