To Request Vital Records
1. Visit Town Hall during Town Clerk hours OR
2. Send a written request to the Town Clerk with your request. Include...
- Name and address to which you want documents sent
- Name of the parties on the certificate or document (e.g. decedent, name on birth certificate, voter)
- Check payable to the Town of Tolland (amount equal to the number of copies times the document cost)
- Email and phone contact information
*ABSTRACT COPY: When original certificates are not avialable, the Town Clerk takes data from other records and creates and certifies an Abstract Copy of the document. This is a legal document. Some records may not be available due to the Town Hall fire many years ago.